- 1 stick unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 4 Tbsp. Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 spritz lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Italian parsley, minced
Whisk together all ingredients. Set aside.
- 1 dozen large freshly shucked Louisiana oysters on the half shell
- 1 recipe of the Oyster Sauce, above
- Pecorino Romano cheese, grated (to finish)
- Minced Italian parsley, for garnish
- Hot French bread
- Lemon wedges
Heat a charcoal or gas grill until very, very hot.
Place the oysters on the hottest spot on the grill and let them cook in their own juices for a few minutes, just until they start to bubble and the edges curl.
Top each with a generous portion of the sauce, enough to fill up the shell. When the sauce starts to bubble and sizzle sprinkle each oyster with about a tablespoon of Pecorino Romano cheese. Let the Oysters go until the sauce on the edges of the shells gets nice and brown. Garnish with minced Parsley.
Serve while still sizzling with lemon wedges and hot, French bread.